Monday, June 14, 2010

Maine...aka Vacation Land!


Life in Coastal Maine
It has taken me a really long time to get to this posting, and I apologize for that!! Busy times, after many long years of hard work I am finally about to graduate with my bachelor's degree in education from The University of New England.

I have had an amazing year since finishing my 200 hr teacher training at Yoga Vt and I apologize for not being able to attend any further meetings, I plan to see you all this summer! I have brought my love of yoga practice into the public school, I volunteered all year long in many public schools to teach yoga to all ages and levels. It have learned sooo much from teaching in this setting. I even taught an entire social studies unit to my daughters first grade classroom incorporating a study on India. We travelled to India via Google Earth, looked at a variety of yoga books, prepared and ate Indian food, an Indian mother brought in clothing, toys, etc. I have also experimented with parent/child classes as fundraisers, as well as toddler yoga classes! I found the toddler yoga classes beyond my capacity, although we had lots of fun, kept the expectations minimal and made some new friends.


















I am undecided still if I will teach beach yoga classes this summer or just keep my schedule relaxed and focus on my own practice. I teach a class once a week at a local studio, I usually teach a modified Primary Series, or Ashtanga inspired Vinyasa Flow. For a peek at the studio, check out the website! A few pics of an early sunrise practice at the beach:


I have been fortunate to come into my practice strongly after the craziness of being a 30 year old undergraduate with 2 children and a part time job. I try to practice whenever possible at one of the many awesome studios in our area. We have lots of great workshops coming up, you should check one out!! I just spent 4 days practicing with Nicki Doanne and Eddi Modestini, come join us for the next workshop at Yoga East!!

I could go on and on, I will visit as soon as possible, if you want to come play in the sand or run on the beach, let me know!! If any of you remember the girls are on their way to being 7 and 2 this summer!!!! A handful............................

Namaste, Celina McMichael